Check out this video of all kinds of off-road vehicles driving through water. This doesn’t really have much to do with lifted trucks, but most lifted truck owners can appreciate any type of vehicle driving through long stretches of water. The best part are the vehicles who get stuck, which is always fund to watch. Enjoy.
AEM Performance Electronics has released the first ever 50-state legal Water Injection System for later-model Chevy, Dodge and Ford Turbo Diesels (Part #30-3111). This system allows users to legally use water injection on specific Turbo Diesels that are used on highways and surface streets in all 50 United States. The California Air Resources Board Executive Order (CARB EO) for select applications is D-392-35 (please see applications, below).
REDUCED EXHAUST GAS TEMPERATURES
When properly introduced, water injection is proven to reduce exhaust gas temperatures, and can promote safer engine operation by reducing exhaust gas temperatures (EGTs). This makes it ideal for Diesel engines under heavy loads and when towing up grades.
The water injection system is for most diesel 2001-2010 Chevy trucks and 1994-2010 Ford F-Series trucks and 2003-2010 Dodge Ram trucks. Features of the system include:
– CARB EO D-392-35 for specific Chevy, Dodge and Ford Turbo Diesels (see application chart above)
– Heavy-duty 200 PSI injection pump provides quiet, smooth operation
– Integrated “Boost Safe” feature monitors injection system for failures or low fluid conditions and can notify user (LED included) or activate safety strategy
– Machined billet injector with integral check valve (red nozzle for 50-state legal system)
– Factory set, boost-referenced progressive HD controller
– Low-profile, five-gallon water tank includes low fluid sensor and is easy to mount! (“Water Only” stamped on cap)
The system will cost around $400-$500. Please visit www.aemelectronics.com or call (310) 484-2322 for more information or to find an Authorized AEM Electronics dealer or Factory-Trained tuner.